My Pup Punched Me in the Eye
This poem was written by Ken Nesbitt
Summary
The poem is a rhyme about a boy's pets taking kung Fu lessons and demonstrating on him. The message was to not let your pets take kung Fu lessons in the poem.
Evaluation by Genre
The genre of this poem is poetry. There are rhyming lines and the poem is individual. The shape and patterns of the words are well constructed.
Motivational Activities
- Draw pictures demonstrating what the pup, rabbit, ferret, lizard, kitten, and hamster did to the boy.
- Practice simple kung Fu moves in class.
- Watch a kung Fu movie.
Reader Response Questions
- How many animals practiced kung fu on the boy?
- What did the ferret do?
- What was the lesson being taught in the poem?
Readers Comments
I thought the poem was hilarious and really enjoyed it. I can imagine the animals doing kung Fu on the boy. I like the fact that the poem had a meaning.

No comments:
Post a Comment